- Each member will have their own account, where they can review order and payment details, place orders through our store, and manage when those orders are delivered.
- Members are able to upgrade or add items (such as weekly beef or egg shares) to their vegetable shares through their account.
- Newsletters will be managed through the same software. Our Fair Share will have a slightly different look, but will be easier for us to produce and distribute to members.
- Automatic reminders are available for weekly pick-ups, extras order deadlines, etc. You can control the reminders that you would like to receive through your account. We don't want to burden you with too many e-mails, but several of our members expressed a desire for reminders close to sales deadlines, etc.
- You will receive a payment receipt and confirmation when you make a purchase. There will no longer be a guessing game as to whether or not your order went through.
- Maps are provided for each of our pick-up sites.
- We'll be able to send more specific notices about upcoming farm events and take reservations.
- A season start reminder and pick-up directions will be sent to you prior to the start of the program this summer.
New payment options
- The new system allows us to set up payment plans for our members who choose to use debit cards to pay for their shares. It will allow members to spread the cost over three payments, providing automatic reminders.
- We are no longer using PayPal for credit card processing. The interface was often confusing, and we heard that many members preferred not to use PayPal. We have switched to a highly rated payment processing company, known for its security and better service for small businesses. This company allows easier acceptance of credit and debit cards for payment.
- We have a new e-check payment program available, something that more and more people are choosing to use, and a method that we highly recommend.
- The system allows us to test interest in a tentative pick-up site. Members can sign up for that site as well as a second choice. If we get enough interest, the tentative site will become a reality. If not, members will be notified that their second choice will be their pick-up spot.
- Bulk items will be available to order through our store when the farmers have extra.
- Our online farm store will have better information about what items are currently available and quantities that may be purchased. It is set up in a much more user-friendly format to make placing orders easier.