Welcome to Geauga Family Farms Fall/Winter CSA program for the 2012 season.
If you are one of the many returning members from past seasons, we're delighted to have you back. If this is your first season with us, we're looking forward to getting to know you. Thank you for supporting local, family farms by participating in this program!
Here are some basic pickup instructions for the season:
- Please pick up your produce within the designated pickup time at your site; your share will not be kept beyond that time. Our site managers have generously offered space and are volunteering their time to provide convenient spots to pick up your produce. It is unfair to expect them to hold onto your food for an extended length of time.
- Please double check your contact information when you check your name off the list. If there are any changes that need to be made, please e-mail Laura Dobson at LDobson@geaugafamilyfarms.org.
- Please remember to check your name off the list when you pick up your share.
- Please do not take any boxes or bags with someone else's name.
- Please leave boxes at the site. Just remove the liner bag or bring your own bag. If you are able to unfold your box, that is also very helpful for our site managers.
- Snowy or icy weather on delivery days may cause our trucks to run late. If this should happen, we will e-mail you to let you know and will work to make special accommodations if necessary. Please check your e-mail before pickup when the weather is bad.
- Please place orders for extras (eggs, bread, cheese, beef, etc.) by Monday for delivery later in the week. If your order comes in after Monday, it will be delivered the following week. Orders should be placed through our Web site (www.geaugafamilyfarms.org), where you will find a special section devoted to extras.
- Let us know if you are not receiving our weekly newsletters. This is how we provide our members with recipes, farm news, produce lists and information regarding the CSA program.
- If there is a problem with your share or special order, please let us know right away. We will remedy the situation as quickly as possible. Laura Dobson and Michelle Bandy-Zalatoris are our farm representatives and they can assist you with any questions you may have during the season. Don't hesitate to contact them.
Your pickup site - Sage's Fruit & Vegetable Farm Market,
11355 Chardon Road, Chardon
Pickup day: Saturday
Pickup time: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Contact person: Bob Sage
Pickup instructions: Pickups will occur in the storage room adjacent to the main store. Boxes will be grouped with a form to check off your name when you pick up your share. Please bring cloth bags to transfer your produce, unfold your box and leave the box at the store. Special orders will be marked clearly with a name. Please do not take someone else's special order package. Other parties may pick up your share for you if you are out of town; make sure they understand these instructions before picking up for you. Please make sure you check off your name. Shares will not be held past the pickup time.
As a member of the GFF CSA, you will receive a wide range of fruits and vegetables, some of them unusual or different from what you might be used to. To help you identify these vegetables, it is a good idea to join Facebook now if you aren't already on Facebook, and to "Like" our page. You can find our page by clicking on the "Find us on Facebook" tab in this e-mail.
Please visit our Web site, www.geaugafamilyfarms.org, anytime for up-to-the-moment updates and copies of our weekly newsletter, as well as archives of past year's newsletters where you'll find all kinds of recipes for the more unfamiliar vegetables.
All of the farmers and their families are working hard to bring you the freshest and tastiest produce we can grow. If you have any questions or suggestions, don't hesitate to let us know!
We hope your experience with us this season is nothing short of wonderful and delicious.