Fall shares available now!
Extend your season of fresh, local, organic produce with our fall share. Here are the details:
- Our program will run for six weeks through Dec. 9
- There will be no deliveries the week of Thanksgiving
- Shares will come in one size (similar to our medium share during the summer season)
- The price for the fall program works out to $27 per week
- Deliveries will occur on Thursdays and Saturdays
- These shares are produce only. We have extras you can add to your share – eggs, meat, cheese and bread.
- Deadline to sign up for the FULL six weeks has passed, but prorated memberships are available for the remainder of the season
We have a smaller number of shares available in the fall, with a more limited number of pick-up locations. Questions? Please contact Rachel Machesky via email.
Please scroll down for all the information you need on CSA membership.
Please be sure to read the Terms of Membership below to avoid surprises or confusion throughout the season.
Geauga Family Farms
Geauga Family Farms is a cooperative of five certified-organic family farms whose goal is to provide organically grown produce to the Northeast Ohio community. The group formed to create a more sustainable approach to supporting one another in the farming way of life. The inclusion of multiple farms means a wider variety of produce is available for our members. The farmers of Geauga Family Farms strive to bring you high quality, healthy and delicious produce.
The farmers run a CSA program, short for Community Supported Agriculture. Members of the CSA pay up front for a share of organically grown produce they will receive on a weekly basis throughout the season. By purchasing a share from Geauga Family Farms at the beginning of the season, members provide financial support to the farms when it is most needed. This approach also means that what members receive is tied to the growing conditions, but the wide variety of produce that can be planted by multiple farms means that if it is a bad year for one item, you’ll get others instead.
Information about the shares
Shares are available for fall in one size, about equal to our medium summer share. The medium share provides enough produce for two to three people to have several servings throughout the week.
Typical fall shares might include:
Sweet potatoes, onions, carrots, parsnips, broccoli, radishes, lettuce and Swiss chard. Shares may also include conventionally grown (non-organic) apples.
Please note: We try to include at least one fruit each week, but due to harvest conditions this may not always be the case. Please recognize that these shares are primarily vegetables. All of the vegetables in the shares are certified organic. Not all of the fruit is organic – apples are grown conventionally on other local farms. Organic-only shares are available. These will not include apples.
Share contents are based on what is being harvested each week. They cannot be customized to accommodate individual preferences.
Pick-up sites are usually located throughout Cuyahoga, Lake, Geauga, Portage and Summit counties. Pick-ups occur on Thursdays and Saturdays, with each site having a specific pick-up day and time. Pick-up sites will be announced in early spring, and we will follow up with you to select your site at that time. If you choose to pick up at our farm pick-up site, you must choose one day of the week to pick up and stick with it throughout the season. Please indicate which day. Shares left beyond the pick-up times will be donated to a hunger center or a family in need. If you are out of town on a given week, you may have a friend or neighbor pick up your share for you. It’s a great way to share the harvest!
Church of the Good Shepherd
23599 Cedar Road, Lyndhurst
5 – 6 p.m.
Farm pick-up Thursday
17050 Nash Road, Parkman
3 – 7 p.m.
Mustard Seed Market
6025 Kruse Drive, Solon
6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
2747 Fairmount Blvd, Cleveland Heights
3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Private residence, Lakewood (members emailed actual address when sign-up process is completed.)
5 – 8 p.m.
Farm pick-up Saturday
17050 Nash Road, Parkman
9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
St. Noel Church
8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
Hill’s Family Karate
8901 Mentor Ave., Mentor
10 – 11 a.m.
16540 Chillicothe Road, Bainbridge
11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
When picking up your share…
For some of our pick-up sites this season, the process has changed a bit. Shares will come directly off the truck. We hope this will result in a quicker process and less room for errors. We’ll have a team who will work to ensure that you get the correct share and extras at pick-up.
With this new process comes the ability to follow the truck to its next stop should you miss the pick-up time at your regular site, unless your stop is the last stop of the day.
As mentioned above, at some sites we will leave behind any shares not picked up from the truck. However, we are not able to leave refrigerated extras such as beef, eggs and cheese at most pick-up sites; those items must be picked up from the truck.
Extra items can be added to your 6 weekly shares. This season, we are offering:
- Weekly Jam ($22.50)
- Wheat Bread ($22.50)
- Eggs ($24)
- Grass-Fed Ground Beef, 1 lb. weekly ($45)
- Cheesemaker’s Choice, 1/2 lb. weekly ($21)
- Cheesemaker’s Choice, 1 lb. weekly ($42)
Terms of Membership
As a member of the Geauga Family Farms CSA program, I understand the following:
- Members are not sent notices or invoices. This completed contract serves as the indication of amounts due. Please make a copy for your records.
- Payments are not refundable. However, members may recruit new members to take over their share and arrange to receive payment from the people whom they recruit.
- Shares must be picked up during the time period listed for your pick-up site. They will not be held beyond that time.
- If I do not pick up my share it will be donated to a family in need or food shelter. I do not expect my share to be held beyond the pick-up site time limits.
- Exact dates of harvest and content of shares will depend on weather and Mother Nature.
- Organic produce is not always perfect in appearance.
If you are splitting a share with another person or family, please include contact information for them, including e-mail address and phone numbers.
Please note that communications including our newsletter will occur via e-mail. It is critical that we have a current, valid (and legible in the case of mail-in applications) e-mail address.